ESL For Teens Program
The English as a Second Language (ESL) for Teens program is designed for students ages 12 through 15 to increase proficiency in speaking, listening, reading and writing/grammar. Participants will be immersed in a challenging yet fun environment while they gain a greater understanding of the English language and American culture. Our comfortable learning environment will help students feel right at home with supportive staff, highly trained instructors and state-of-the-art facilities. Students will have supervised breaks and computer time and will be accompanied during arrival and departure from campus each day.
- F-1 student visas
- Beginning, intermediate and advanced language levels
- Each level contains two 32-hour courses
- Within each level, courses can be taken in any order, as each course covers new vocabulary and grammar
- Students can study two weeks or four weeks
- Small class sizes (averaging 12 – 18 students)
- Classes meet Tuesday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Afternoon workshop for F-1 students. Workshop availble for Groups by prior arrangement.
- Afternoon Language lab
- Free Internet access throughout the building
Intensive English Program
Students older than 15 can enroll in the Intensive English Program to quickly Improve English language skills. Courses start every two weeks with options for every speaker level, from beginner to advanced.
The Intensive English Program is available at Valencia’s West Campus and Osceola Campus, offering the benefits of being on a college campus while also providing a focused learning environment. The ESL for Teens areas feature clustered classrooms and a courtyard where students can interact during breaks.
Students are placed in the program based on the results of a language assessment completed before the start of class.
- Courses within a level can be taken in any order. For example, students can start with ESL for Teens Beginner B and then ESL for Teens Beginner A.
- Each course in a level is the same level of difficulty. All beginner courses are at a beginner level.
- Each course within a level covers different objectives and topics.
- All courses within a level MUST BE COMPLETED before moving up to the next level.
ESL for Teens – Beginner Level
ESL for Teens Beginner A
ESL for Teens Beginner B
ESL for Teens – Intermediate 1 Level
ESL for Teens Intermediate 1A
ESL for Teens Intermediate 1B
ESL for Teens – Intermediate 2 Level
ESL for Teens Intermediate 2A
ESL for Teens Intermediate 2B
ESL for Teens – Advanced 1 Level
ESL for Teens Advanced 1A
ESL for Teens Advanced 1B
ESL for Teens – Advanced 2 Level
ESL for Teens Advanced 2A
ESL for Teens Advanced 2B
Each level has its own combination textbook-workbook . The instructor will distribute the books on the first day of class. Students must make sure to bring their book to class each day and take it home at the end of each day in order to complete the homework.
Students will be assessed formally through a variety of means including but not limited to homework, quizzes, tests, role-plays, dialogues, and general instructor observation. These assessments will measure language learning in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Unit achievement tests, which are to be administered at the end of every two units, will serve as the main tool to measure students’ language progress.
Grades are based on a letter grade scale of A – F.
A = 100 – 90%
B = 89 – 80%
C = 79 – 70%
D = 69 – 60%
F = 59 – 0%