Application Requirements for Degree-Seeking Students
- Submit the online application and $35 application fee.
- Submit documentation that you have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Submit official secondary school transcripts (academic records), graduation certificate, and/or exam results (if applicable) in English or with certified English translation. For English translation, you can use any official service in your home country or local translation services in Orlando. See our sample country requirements for more information.
- If you have attended a college or a university, submit official transcripts from all schools attended. College or university transcripts from non-U.S. schools will need to have a course-by-course evaluation completed by a professional evaluation company that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The University of Central Florida currently only accepts evaluations from World Education Services or Josef Silny.
- Proof of English proficiency by meeting one of the following:
- Your country of citizenship is on the English proficiency waiver list
- Official TOEFL result (minimum score 45), sent to school code: 5869.
- Official IELTS result (minimum score 5.5)
- Official LOEP result (minimum score 86 – offered at Valencia College)
- Successful completion of college-level English Composition with a grade of “C” or better
- You have earned an Associate or Bachelor’s degree at an institution in which English was the language of instruction. Official transcripts are required for documenting English proficiency.
- Declaration of Finances Form and supporting bank document in English or with certified English translation.
- Copy of valid passport. For students inside the U.S. with an F-1 visa: Transfer Eligibility Form, copy of visa, copy of I-94 card and copies of previous I-20s.
- Students who wish to bring dependents (spouse and/or children) will need to show additional funds and submit copies of each dependent immigration documents.