As part of international student admission and enrollment requirements, all international students in F-1 or J-1 status are required to purchase the mandatory health insurance policy provided by the college prior to enrollment. This plan is offered through Aetna.
When to Purchase
For all new students, it is recommended that you purchase health insurance coverage through the Valencia College myISS student portal before your scheduled On-Campus Orientation session. Upon payment, you will be automatically enrolled in the health insurance plan, and no further action is necessary until you receive an email from Aetna.
To get more information about eligibility, rates, dates of coverage, provider information, covered benefits, exclusions, and other important details, please see the Insurance Plan Brochure.
Rates and Dates of Coverage
|Enrollment Period||Student||Spouse||Each Child|
*Spring/Summer must be paid together unless you are graduating in the spring term. If you are graduating in the spring, then you can pay for spring only. You must meet with an ISS advisor to receive permission.
**If your first term of enrollment is summer, then you would pay for summer only upon arrival.
How to Access Your Account
To create your online account, please visit www.aetna.com and select the “Log In” button to register your new account. Once you have created a login and password, you can access your Aetna account at www.aetna.com or download the Aetna Health mobile app. Online access allows you to:
- Locate a network healthcare provider
- Review claims status, correspondence and explanation of benefits
- Print your insurance ID card or request a permanent card through the mail
- Enter accident details (if necessary)
How to Use Your Insurance
Using Your Insurance Card
- It is recommended that you always carry your health insurance card with you.
- You must present your insurance card to doctors’ offices, hospitals, urgent care clinics, emergency rooms, and pharmacies in order to show proof of coverage.
- If you need to print or request a copy of your insurance card, please refer to the “How to Access Your Account” information.
Verifying Coverage Benefits
It is also recommended that you have a copy of the Aetna Insurance Plan Brochure available to verify coverage benefits and exclusions. Save it to your desktop or mobile device or print it for reference.
Finding Health Care Providers
To search for health care providers in your area, please visit www.aetna.com and log in to your account. You can search for “in network providers,” which are more cost effective and covered at a higher percentage by your health insurance plan.