Frequently Asked Questions

Why is Valencia College the right school for me?
Valencia College was named the “best community college in the nation” by the Aspen Institute because of our dedication to student success. If you are interested in getting a bachelor’s degree from a top U.S. university, then our Associates in Arts (A.A.) degree is a great place to start.

What is the A.A. degree?
Valencia College primarily offers two-year associate degree programs. The Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree counts as the first two years of a bachelor’s degree, and guarantees you admission into at least one of 12 Florida state universities, including the University of Central Florida.

I want to get a degree at Valencia College, but I don’t know any English. Can I still attend Valencia?
Yes. Valencia College offers an Intensive English Program for students interested in improving their language skills. Learn English fast face-to-face on our Orlando campuses or online from the U.S. or abroad. Valencia College has three intensive English learning options for local residents, visitors, and international students, for adults and teens.

Are there any admission requirements for students applying from abroad?
Yes. International students are required to complete the online application and submit official transcripts from all secondary schools and colleges attended, as well as results from the TOEFL, IELTS or LOEP (language exams are for non-native English speakers only). In addition, a bank statement and copy of passport are required. For more information, see our application requirements.

Where can I send my documents?
Copies of high school transcripts and certificates may be submitted via email, but we will need the original documents before classes start. These may be mailed or submitted in person to any ISS office.

All my documents are in a language other than English. What should I do?
Documents in foreign languages must be translated to English.  Click here for a list of recommended translation service companies in Orlando.

How does the visa process work?
Once all admission requirements have been met, an acceptance letter and I-20 form will be issued and electronically delivered to you. The I-20 form is an important document which is required by the U.S. embassy to process an F-1 student visa. You can then schedule a visa interview at your local U.S. embassy. For more information, visit our page on How to Obtain a Visa.

Are there any employment opportunities for international students?
Yes, students on an F-1 visa are permitted to work on campus for up to 20 hours per week while courses are in session and up to 40 hours per week during breaks. Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is off-campus employment which needs to be approved by the International Student Advisor. CPT employment can be part-time or full-time, must be related to the field of study, and can be done once a student has completed at least two terms at the college. For more information, see our student employment guidelines.

Need Help?

If you need assistance during any point of the admissions process, please contact an international admissions representative.