Application Requirements for Degree-Seeking Students
- Online Application – Submit the online application and $35 application fee. At the time of your application, you can upload all of your
required documents. If documents are not available at the time, you will have a chance
to submit them later through the application portal.
- U.S. high School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) – Submit documentation that you have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma
or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Submit official secondary school transcripts (academic records), graduation certificate, and/or exam results (if applicable) in English or with certified English translation. For English translation, you can use any official service in your home country or local translation services in Orlando. See our sample country requirements for more information.
- If you have attended a college or a university, submit official transcripts from all
schools attended. College or university transcripts from non-U.S. schools will need
to have a course-by-course evaluation completed by a professional evaluation company
that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The University of Central Florida currently only accepts evaluations from World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., International Education Company.
- English Proficiency – Proof of English proficiency by meeting one of the following:
- Your country of citizenship is on the English proficiency waiver list
- Official TOEFL result (minimum score 45), sent to school code: 5869.
- Official IELTS result (minimum score 5.5)
- Official LOEP result (minimum score 86 – offered at Valencia College)
- Successful completion of English Composition or its equivalent (as determined by Valencia) with a grade of C or higher.
- You have earned an Associate or Bachelor’s degree at an institution in which English was the language of instruction. Official transcripts are required for documenting English proficiency.
- Successful completion of at least 4 sessions at the Valencia College Intensive English Program (IEP) with a grade of “B” or better in level 6 or higher. Students who completed the required IEP coursework on or after May 2019 are eligible to benefit from the terms of the IEP to EAP Bridge Agreement. Starting in Fall 2019, IEP students who have completed the necessary IEP courses and meet the agreed-upon requirements will be eligible to start coursework in EAP per the Bridge Agreement.
- SAT minimum score Writing and Language 25 and SAT Reading minimum of 24 | ACT minimum score English 17 and Reading 19
- Duolingo English Test (minimum score 80)
- Proof of Finances – You must show proof of finances (min. $25,573) for an associate degree with an
accompanied bank statement in English or with certified English translation. You can
have up to 3 sponsors. For more details are listed on the page Tuition Costs.
- Passport – Copy of valid passport.
- For F-1 Transfer Students Only – SEVIS Transfer Eligibility, copy of visa, copy of I-94 card and copies of previous I-20s.
- Dependents – Students who wish to bring dependents (spouse and/or children) will need to show additional funds and submit copies of each dependent immigration documents.
You can check the status of your application within the application portal. If you have any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Study in Orlando Guide
Our digital guide for international students shows how Valencia College programs can lead to the career of your choice.
If you need assistance during any point of the admissions process, please contact an international admissions representative.