Valencia College provides an excellent pathway to a university. After graduating with a two-year degree from Valencia, you can transfer to a U.S. university as a junior (third-year student) to complete your bachelor’s degree. Being that we are originally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), our credits will transfer to most institutions. In addition, we have established transfer agreements with certain universities. Wherever you decide to transfer, our dedicated international advisors will assist you with the process.
Pathway to a Bachelor's Degree
Whether you are starting with the Intensive English Program or a two-year associate degree, see how Valencia College leads to a bachelor’s degree.
Guaranteed Admission to One of Florida’s 12 Public Universities
Through an agreement with the state university system, Valencia College graduates with an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree are guaranteed admission to one of Florida’s 12 public universities—making them a popular destination for transfer. Certain Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees also have transfer guarantees.
Florida’s Public Universities
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida International University
- Florida Polytechnic University
- Florida State University
- New College of Florida
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida
- University of North Florida
- University of South Florida
- University of West Florida
Priority Access to the University of Central Florida
DirectConnect to UCF
One of the most popular universities for our students to transfer to is also located in Orlando—it’s the University of Central Florida (UCF). Through a partnership called DirectConnect to UCF, Valencia A.A. and select A.S. graduates are guaranteed admission and a smooth transition to UCF. In fact, 25% of UCF’s upper division students come from Valencia. To sign up, check the DirectConnect box on your Valencia admissions application or speak to your international student advisor once you are at Valencia.
- Guaranteed admission to a bachelor’s degree program at UCF
- Preferential admission to select bachelor’s degree programs at UCF
- Joint advising from UCF and Valencia to help ensure a smooth transition
- UCF courses offered at the main campus in east Orlando or on Valencia’s West or Osceola campuses
- UCF staff available on-site at Valencia’s West and Osceola campuses to help with advising, admissions, financial aid and academic support
Transferring to a Private University
Valencia is part of a partnership with the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF), which allows A.A. graduates to transfer to the upper division of a bachelor’s degree program without losing credits. The ICUF includes 31 private, not-for-profit educational institutions, including Rollins College and Stetson University in Central Florida. Of course, many out-of-state private schools accept Valencia transfer credits as well.
We also have distinct transfer agreements for specific universities and programs that are popular amongst our students:
Transferring Outside of Florida
While most Valencia graduates tend to transfer to universities within the state of Florida, there are many who go out of state as well. Some of the most popular out-of-state destinations include: New York, California and Texas.
- A Valencia College advisor can help you develop a transfer plan so that you can meet admission requirements and transfer your credits to out-of-state schools.
- Each fall, Valencia hosts College Night, an event where students can meet admissions representatives from more than 120 colleges and universities from around the country.
- International Student Services also holds its own transfer events. Universities come from around the country to recruit our international students.
Transferring Within Valencia College
IEP to Degree
After completing the Intensive English Program at Valencia College, many students decide to stay for their degrees. All IEP students are eligible for conditional acceptance to degree programs at Valencia. An international student advisor will assist with the process. If a student studies in IEP for at least 4 sessions and earns a grade of “B” or higher in IEP level 6B or 8B they may transfer directly to English for Academic Purposes (EAP) without taking an English proficiency exam.
A.S. to B.S.
Many students who graduate from Valencia with the A.S. degree in Electronics Engineering Technology choose to transfer to our B.S. program in Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology. International students can also transfer to the Bachelor of Applied Science in Business and Organizational Leadership (BASBOL).