Need Help?

If you need assistance during any point of the admissions process, please contact an international admissions representative.

Skype with us
Email us

Obtaining a Visa

You will need a visa to enter and study in the U.S. Valencia College issues the I-20 forms that are required to apply for the F-1 student visa. Once all of your admission documents have been submitted and reviewed, Valencia College will issue you an acceptance letter and I-20 form.

Students residing outside of the U.S. at the time of admission will be emailed instructions on how to have their admission packet mailed via priority shipping.

Steps to Apply for a Visa
  1. Find out how to obtain an F-1 student visa by visiting the U.S. Department of State.
  2. Review the Form I-20 (this form is also known as “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student”)
    • Check your name, date of birth and all other personal information for accuracy. If there are any errors, let us know immediately.
    • Sign and date the form.
  3. Make an appointment at your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Please note that they get extremely busy around the holidays. (Note: Citizens of Canada and Bermuda can enter the U.S. with an I-20 form and do not need to apply for an F-1 visa).
  4. Pay the SEVIS fee. Foreign citizens applying to become students must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee of $200 for F-1 visa applicants.
  5. Complete the DS-160: Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
  6. Attend your appointment with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Make sure that you have the following items ready to take with you:
    • I-20 signed and dated
    • Valencia College acceptance letter
    • A passport that is valid for at least six months beyond your anticipated arrival date
    • Financial Support such as bank and/or sponsor letter
    • Any proof that you are planning to return to your country after you complete your studies

Already Studying in the U.S.?

International students currently attending a U.S. school can have their I-20 records transferred to Valencia College and only need to apply for a new visa if traveling outside of the U.S. with an expired F-1 visa.