Application Requirements for Degree-Seeking Students
- Online Application – Submit the online application and $35 application fee.
- myISS Portal – If you have submitted an online application for admission and have received your Valencia College ID number (VID), it’s time to submit the rest of the required documents for admission through the myISS portal. You will click on the prospective students tab to get started to create your myISS login.
- U.S. high School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) – Submit documentation that you have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Submit official secondary school transcripts (academic records), graduation certificate, and/or exam results (if applicable) in English or with certified English translation. For English translation, you can use any official service in your home country or local translation services in Orlando. See our sample country requirements for more information.
- If you have attended a college or a university, submit official transcripts from all schools attended. College or university transcripts from non-U.S. schools will need to have a course-by-course evaluation completed by a professional evaluation company that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The University of Central Florida currently only accepts evaluations from World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., International Education Company.
- English Proficiency – Proof of English proficiency by meeting one of the following:
- Your country of citizenship is on the English proficiency waiver list
- Official TOEFL result (minimum score 45), sent to school code: 5869.
- Official IELTS result (minimum score 5.5)
- Official LOEP result (minimum score 86 – offered at Valencia College)
- Successful completion of English Composition or its equivalent (as determined by Valencia) with a grade of C or higher.
- You have earned an Associate or Bachelor’s degree at an institution in which English was the language of instruction. Official transcripts are required for documenting English proficiency.
- Successful completion of at least 4 sessions at the Valencia College Intensive English Program (IEP) with a grade of “B” or better in level 6B or higher. Students who completed the required IEP coursework on or after May 2019 are eligible to benefit from the terms of the IEP to EAP Bridge Agreement.
- SAT minimum score Writing and Language 25 and SAT Reading minimum of 24 | ACT minimum score English 17 and Reading 19
- Duolingo English Test (minimum score 75)* for admission purposes only not used for placement
- Declaration of Finances – Submit form (located in myISS portal) and supporting bank document in English or with certified English translation.
- Passport – Copy of valid passport. For students inside the U.S. with an F-1 visa: SEVIS Transfer Eligibility form (located in myISS portal), copy of visa, copy of I-94 card and copies of previous I-20s.
- For F-1 Transfer Students Only – SEVIS Transfer Eligibility form (located in myISS portal), copy of visa, copy of I-94 card and copies of previous I-20s.
- Dependents – Students who wish to bring dependents (spouse and/or children) will need to show additional funds and submit copies of each dependent immigration documents.
Your admissions documents will need to be submitted through the myISS portal. You will create the myISS login upon receiving your Valencia College ID number (VID). You will click on the prospective students tab to get started to create your myISS login.
If you have any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance during any point of the admissions process, please contact an international admissions representative.