Application Requirements

Application Requirements for Degree-Seeking Students
  1. Submit the online application and $35 application fee.
  2. Submit documentation that you have the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
    1. Submit official secondary school transcripts (academic records), graduation certificate, and/or exam results (if applicable) in English or with certified English translation. For English translation, you can use any official service in your home country or local translation services in Orlando. See our sample country requirements for more information.
    2. If you have attended a college or a university, submit official transcripts from all schools attended. College or university transcripts from non-U.S. schools will need to have a course-by-course evaluation completed by a professional evaluation company that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The University of Central Florida currently only accepts evaluations from  World Education Services or Josef Silny.
  3. Proof of English proficiency by meeting one of the following:
    1. Your country of citizenship is on the English proficiency waiver list
    2. Official TOEFL result (minimum score 45)
    3. Official IELTS result (minimum score 5.5)
    4. Official LOEP result (minimum score 86 – offered at Valencia College)
    5. Successful completion of college-level English Composition with a grade of “C” or better
    6. You have earned an Associate or Bachelor’s degree at an institution in which English was the language of instruction. Official transcripts are required for documenting English proficiency.
  4. Declaration of Finances Form and supporting bank document in English or with certified English translation.
  5. Copy of valid passport. For students inside the U.S. with an F-1 visa: Transfer Eligibility Form, copy of visa, copy of I-94 card and copies of previous I-20s.

Documents can be sent by mail to either the Valencia East Campus or West Campus or by email to

Change of Status

Individuals currently in the United States with a non-immigrant visa status other than “F-1 Student” may be eligible to apply for a “Change of Status” from within the U.S. and start courses at Valencia College. Required documents will vary depending on your current status. We recommend that you schedule a visit to the ISS office and meet with an immigration adviser to discuss processing times and required materials. General instructions can be found on the USCIS I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status.

Apply Now

Need Help?

If you need assistance during any point of the admissions process, please contact an international admissions representative.

Skype with us
Email us